CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 8

Sorry, I was in Tulsa this weekend and completely forgot to blog on my run. I need to try to write that afternoon because I am always way more excited right after the run. :) I ran in Tulsa with Fleet Feet Saturday morning and completed 15.5 miles! Yea! It is my longest run ever! I felt great; just the last 1.5 were a little rough, but everything was great up until that point. The last 2.5 were at Lafortune Park and I cannot stand running Lafortune...it is totally a mental thing, but it didn't help my last couple of miles. It was fun to run with Shannon, Jaime, Tiffany, and Brandy. It made the long run much easier having my running girls with me.

My daddy got me some new shoes. :) We went to Fleet Feet twice to try to find a pair that were up to my expectations. They stopped making my old (favorite) Asics, so I switched to a pair of Sauconys. They felt great/normal in the store, but I ran 6 miles last night and my knee is pretty sore today. I really hope it isn't due to my new shoes. :(

I registered for the OKC half. It is on April 26. I think it will be a great practice race...I can get some of my race day nerves out early.

I am not sure how many I am running this weekend, somewhere between 13 and 16, I think. I will try to get better on my updating. :)

0 comments: